Topographically, the land in the Trans-Pecos Region of West Texas sees heavy irrigation use where cultivated with mountainous expanses, broad valleys and flood plains. A common and limiting factor in small land sales in Region Two is the drought. Purchases in Region Two are primarily driven by investor operations in irrigation and cash crops.
- Small land sales in Region Two had 21 sales in 2013.
- The median tract size in Region Two was 55 acres.
- The volume of small land sales for Region Two in 2013
comprised .5 percent of all small land sales statewide.
- Average price per acre for Region Two was $3,100 acre in 2013. Adjusted for inflation, this equates to $560* per acre.
- Region Two had the third-lowest price per acre in the state in 2013.